You probably already know or have heard of one of the trending stories in Kenya about Nairobi Aviation College that is allegedly selling Diplomas and certificates at a small fee, more details are on this NTV video How universities and colleges sell diplomas and clean up degrees
This controversial story has awakened the creativity of ever so ready Kenyans, to create many different funny messages on the same topic, like the one above.
However as I laugh my heart out every time I get one of those forwards on Whatsapp, I can't help but wonder what would have been had I joined Nairobi Aviation College that one time many years back when I was into the airline industry. Maybe you never struggled with what courses to do in between school or work and thought of getting a certificate or diploma in something to supplement your knowledge, but I did and I almost went to Nairobi Aviation College.
I never joined the college but I feel cheated, how much more the student who did , who are there and who were about to join, students who have put all their hopes on that certificate from the institution. I know a few people who have bent over backwards to pay their fees there so as to advance their education. How do you even console such a person, how do you tell them "this will blow over" with a straight face, without laughing in between and then saying, "I'm serious things will work out for you".
Granted our education system along with millions of other systems in Kenya are flawed, however there is only so much we can do about it, some people chose to join the struggle while others are victims.
Can I say for sure that there are students there who never knew of these allegations before the exposition? I have no clue. All I know is they must all feel cheated, even those who allegedly paid for the diplomas, even they feel cheated because the deal has somewhat fallen apart after they tried to buy their way out of the need to have a certificate.
Did you ever consider going to Nairobi Aviation College like I did, do you feel cheated by the 8.4.4 system too or just laugh so hard at the jokes because you didn't go there?
Judy 645287
a nice piece
ReplyDelete